Wednesday, July 8, 2009

11:365

My guitar, again. Still haven't found a name. I'm silly, yes, I'll admit it. :)





















Today while on the computer at work between burning cds, I found this poem in my notes on facebook. (um, yes, I am back on... several reasons why, but it's all good. :P) I still really like it, and have set it to a song, but maybe I'll try again. I didn't really like the music. Anyhow, here 'tis:

(keeping in sync with the wind)

my mind is often torn,
battling with my heart,
forging victories that last
only minutes instead of a lifetime.

reaching out to emptiness,
keeping in sync with the wind,
following a blank map,
crying for more pain.

i want to follow the light,
but i’m blinded by darkness,
focused on the ground,
staring at my faults.

i make mistakes, cause heartache,
trip and spill my dreams,
ask for too much, give too little,
and then repeat it all again.

but through the blighted past
i can trace and redefine,
forgive and not forget,
breathe deeper and freer.

because not all is lost:
it happened for a reason.

that reason doesn’t lie in me.

it lies in You.

No comments:

Post a Comment